Sunday, August 9, 2009

sometimes...

Sometimes... I go to my Grandma's house at 9PM and eat cake. Last night we had a farewell for my cousin Laura (Boo's sister) who is going to get her Phd in History at North Carolina Chapel Hill. She is super smart - valedictorian in high school, all the honors and a lot more (We will be praying for you LAURA, you're fabulous!). Well, we were at grandma's for Laura and Grandma bought a Costco white cake with white frosting... Me and my grandma's favorite type of cake. She asked if we wanted to take some home and I said no because I would end up eating it all. Whenever there is food around, especially nummy ones, I cannot resist. Like the chocolate chip bars Boo made and brought over on Friday night..mmm (by the way Boo, they are all gone). Okay... I am rambling... Back to last night, I declined bringing some cake home even though the kids would have enjoyed it, but I didn't want the temptation. Tonight, I called my grandma around 8:45 and we were chatting and the craving for the white cake and white frosting came back. So, at 9pm I drove my little (or shall I say big) butt to my grams and enjoyed the cake. I would've taken a picture of the cake, but I ate it!
I enjoyed the cake, but what I enjoyed most was the opportunity to just chat with my grandparents. I am fortunate, they only live a few minutes away.

Now you know a little more about me and why I can be pathetic at times.

1 comment: