Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Please Pray for our Family Friend

We received some upsetting news this weekend about a family friend we have known for over 20 years. We first met Gary and his family when my sister and I were 8 years old and just moved into town. Their daughter Tonya was out playing tether ball and the family friendship began from there. Gary is in his mid 50s and yesterday was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma Stomach Cancer. Today, they heard more details about the cancer and him and his family need our prayers. Gary will start radiation and/or chemotherapy to try and shrink a tumor. There is also fluid around is stomach/abdomen area that shouldn't be there. Shawn and I are not sure if he knows Jesus Christ as his Saviour, but please pray for Gary and his family, the Holy Spirit to work in his life, and any opportunity to witness to Gary. Cancer is such a scary subject and nowadays it seems so many people are affected by this terrible thing. Other than my Grandma who passed away almost 2 years ago from pancreatic cancer, Gary is only the second person I know personally that has to battle this disease. It breaks my heart for anyone who has had to deal with this. Gary is my dad's best friend, I am just so sad... now I am rambling... tears...praying... thank you for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Kayla I just love how raw you are in your posts. So cute and sweet. I will pray for Gary.

    ReplyDelete