Friday, May 29, 2009

Praise

I have a praise this morning!

My cousin, Curt has been struggling with drug addiction for the past few years. He has really struggled, my aunt and our family have had a hard time dealing with this. Recently, Curt has been living on the streets in despair. Shawn and I have been praying for Curt, we have also requested prayer from the members in our Church. Today I received an e-mail from my Aunt, titled GOOD NEWS!!!

This is what it said: "I just wanted to share some FANTASTIC news! Curt has been accepted into a long-term in-patient treatment facility in Spokane at the Sun-Ray Court. It’s an all male facility and has a very long waiting list, and when he found out he said “I can’t believe that I got in!” I told him it’s because he has no idea how many people have been praying for him, and finally those prayers have been answered!! He leaves on Sunday to detox in Everett , then on Thursday they put him on a Greyhound bus directly to Spokane . He is scheduled for a 90 day program and if needed he can go as long as 6 months."

This is an answer to prayer, Praise the Lord, he is going to get the help he needs.

We are continuing to pray and if you can too, that the Holy Spirit can work on his heart and lead him to Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ will help him get through the journey ahead. There is so much hope in Jesus, he needs it!

Rejoice in the Lord alway; and again I say Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ. Phillipians 4:4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment