Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Content to Be Me

Calm My Anxious Heart Continued...

I'm in chapter 3 of the Calm My Anxious Heart bible study. There are so many points the author makes, that helps me start to be comfortable with me. The chapter title is Content to Be Me.

This is so hard for me. I am very critical of myself, including body image, some of my personality flaws and such. But after reading most of this chapter I realized God knitted me together in my mother's womb and created me to be ME. My personality, my blemishes, the cellulite (UGH!), etc. The author states, "My husband, Jody, believes that women look at other women more than men look at women." This is so true. I look at other women wishing I had their cute figure/frame, hair, perfect eyebrows and the list goes on, and on, and on...

I need to work on being content on what God has given me and praise Him for creating me. I have to come to the realization my purpose is to please God. I can do those things by honoring him in all I do.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

I don't think I can do justice to the author's words, so here are more quotes from the Author:
"Pray that God enables you to see the wisdom behind the way He framed you."
"The Artwork. The art represents an emerging picgture of who are becoming. God establishes the background, then sweeps His brushstrokes across the canvas of your life in a desire to create a masterpiece. God invites you to cooperate with Him to form the picture. If you yield to His artistry the character of Christ will be reflected through the picture of yor life."

I will probaby post more on this chapter another day.

If you are interested in this book, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment